Bayern Munich managed to end the series of points bleeding in the German League after it regained the tone of victories in its stronghold by beating Cologne (5-1), today, Saturday, in the 23rd round.
This broad victory came after the Bavarian team lost 5 points in the last two rounds, but its presence at the top of the table did not change by reaching point 52.
These are the most prominent facts and figures after the Bavarian victory:
– Bayern Munich won their first victory in the Bundesliga after a fast that lasted for more than 3 weeks, since their victory away to Hertha Berlin in early February.
– The landslide victory came in conjunction with the club’s celebration of the 121st anniversary of its founding on February 27, 1900.
– Polish Robert Lewandowski scored a double against Colin, reaching 14 goals in all competitions since the beginning of 2021, equal to Barcelona captain Lionel Messi.
– Lewandowski is the player who has contributed the most to goals in the five major European leagues this season with 34 goals, ahead of Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandez (25) and Kylian Mbappe, Paris Saint-Germain striker (24).
– The Polish striker has reached his 28th goal in Bundesliga this season, scoring against more than 7 teams so far, including Cologne (21) goals.
– Lewandowski reached this scoring record in 23 rounds, leaving him only 12 goals left to reach Gerd Muller’s historical record by scoring 40 goals in one season in the Bundesliga.
– The last two players who scored 3 or more goals in one match in Bundesliga are the duo of Bayern Munich, Leon Goretska against Cologne today, and Joshua Kimmich against Schalke.
– The match was the 100th between Bayern and Colin, as the defending champion managed to achieve his 53rd victory, while 24 other matches ended in his defeat, and 23 matches settled a tie.
– Colin has not been able to beat Bayern in his last 14 Bundesliga matches, the longest period he has not been able to beat any team.
– The Bavarian team maintained an unbeaten streak at home in Bundesliga in the last 21 games, scoring 55 points in that period.