Developments in the case of Messi and Barcelona…The father of the Argentine star retracts his statement

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

After he told reporters upon his arrival at Barcelona airport that his son Lionel Messi staying in Barcelona was “difficult”, the Argentine star’s father, Jorge, said Thursday that his son may continue with the Spanish club this season.

Spanish media reported the new statement of Messi’s father and his agent, describing it as surprising in the context of developments in the case of Messi and his club Barcelona, ​​after the player announced his desire to leave the club.

And Messi, the best player in the world six times, last week set off an earthquake in the world of round ball by announcing through his lawyer his desire to leave the Catalan club, which joined its ranks in 2000 at the age of 13 .
Messi is calling for the activation of the termination clause between him and Barcelona until June 2021, which allows him to leave for free once the season ends .

On the other hand, Barcelona confirmed that this clause ended on the tenth of last June, but the Argentine “flea” is considered to be still in effect due to the exceptional season that was interrupted for more than three months due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus, and it only ended in the week before the last of August. The past .

The Catalan team insists that its captain will only leave if the penalty clause of 700 million euros ($ 833 million) is paid, which was supported by the Spanish League, which in turn confirms the penalty clause is still in effect .

Rumors abound about the possibility of moving the “flea” to Manchester City, which is coached by Spaniard Josep Guardiola, Messi’s former coach in the Catalan team .

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Loading...