Gareth Bale accuses Real Madrid of blocking his departure

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Welsh striker Gareth Bale accused his club Real Madrid on Thursday of having hindered his departure, especially in 2019, when he wanted to join the Chinese club of Jiangsu Sunin.

“I tried to leave the club last year but they blocked everything at the last moment,” the 31-year-old forward complained to Sky Sports.

“It was a project that motivated me but did not materialize,” he said, adding that there had “been other occasions when we tried to leave, but the club did not. ‘did not allow “.

“Everything is in the hands of the club. They make everything very complicated, honestly”, he regretted.

The most expensive player in history in 2013, played only 48 minutes in 12 matches played by the Merengue after confinement, and after refusing to be in the group to play the eighth-final second leg of the Ligue des Champions against Manchester City, Bale is no longer in Zinédine Zidane’s plans and has no desire to stay at the Bernabeu, despite his two-year contract at Real.

“I want to play football and I’m still motivated to play football. I’m only 31 and still feel in great shape, really,” he said on the sidelines of the rally with his national team for face Finland on Thursday, stressing that “What is happening in Madrid, is happening in Madrid”, to ensure it does not affect him in the national team.

Gareth Bale, who joined the Merengues in 2013 for more than € 110m, won two La Liga and four Champions Leagues with the Spaniards.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Loading...