It is not usual for a world soccer star to sing live for four nights at a music festival, but this is what will happen next week in the small Italian town of Sanremo when Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets on stage.
Since the announcement of the Milan striker to be the guest of honor of the festival, which takes place between the second and sixth of March, the news made headlines, but with some criticism of his decision amid a crowded schedule in the Italian first division.
Bologna coach Sinisha Mihajlovic is expected to sing with Ibrahimovic, and last week he described the Swedish striker as a “bad singer” as a joke.
Two Italian coaches criticized the 39-year-old’s participation in the festival, as Fabio Capello told the Italian “Sky Sports” last week: Ibrahimovic wanted to participate, but the professional player must deal seriously and commitment during training, and this is the opposite in my opinion.
Ibrahimovic, former Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi, also blamed the player, even though the player signed a contract to appear at Sanremo before renewing his contract with Milan last summer.
Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday: The team comes first and Ibrahimovic should have refused to appear.
Former AC Milan boss Silvio Berlusconi was marveled at the club’s position, telling reporters this week: It is clear that Ibrahimovic needs a rest and without this possibility I cannot understand how Milan agreed to a request of this kind.