The player signed in 2000 with Barca, participated in his first games in 2004, scored his first goals in the team in 2005, the first trilogy in 2007, and won the first gold ball in 2009, and in the 2011-2012 season he scored 92 goals, and in 2014 he became the historical top scorer for La Liga, He received the Catalan team’s captaincy in 2018, and in 2019 he won the sixth golden ball in his career, and on Tuesday he made goal number 15 for his teammates, he by reached Barcelona shirt to 250 assists.
On this day in 1987, a GOAT was born.
Happy birthday, Lionel Messi 🐐 pic.twitter.com/AkadrxbYbh
— B/R Football (@brfootball) June 24, 2020
The “Argentine magician” holds several world records:
– Barcelona’s top scorer and the national team.
– Holder of the largest number of goals scored in one season (92 goals in the 2011-2012 season).
– The only player to win 6 gold balls as the best player in the world.
Today we are swapping for 'GOAL OF THE DAY' for an even better video because the best in the world deserves the best celebrations.
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) June 24, 2020
– The only player to win 6 of the “Golden Boot” prizes awarded to European League goals.
– The only player in the League who scored 15 goals or more, and made the same in 5 seasons (2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2019-2020).
– The only player in the top five leagues to have achieved more than 10 successful dribbles, and has made more than 5 chances in one match this season.
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) June 24, 2020
– During his career with the team and Barca, Messi scored 699 goals in 859 games and made 291 goals, and he won with Barcelona 34 titles, while he failed to lead his country to any podium so far.
– 54 goals scored, scored 52 goals from direct free-kicks.
– During 16 years of his career, Messi scored a pass rate of more than 19 passes in the season, beating Manchester City star Kevin de Bruyne, who achieved 17.6 assists in the season.