After Lionel Messi, it is Luis Suarez’s turn to attack the management of FC Barcelona. The 33-year-old striker denounces an unfair dismissal,
After the victory of Uruguay against Chile (2-1) in the qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup, the one who opened the scoring on penalty returned to this start, which he considers forced.
Forward Luis Suárez said on Thursday his former Barcelona club had mistreated him to spend days in tears before leaving for Atlético Madrid.
The former Ajax Amsterdam said his good debut at Atlético eased the pain he felt on leaving Barca.
“I didn’t take it very well because of the way they (Barcelona) did it, more than anything. You have to accept when your cycle is over, ” said Suárez before adding:
“I spent days crying because of the situation I was going through. Then (I returned) to have fun, to be valued again as a player, to be loved, to feel the attention of a club which welcomed me wonderfully ”.
There were other ways to talk to me.
Suarez was made aware of Barcelona’s decision to get rid of him thanks to a call from new coach Ronald Koeman. However, the Dutchman has denied being solely responsible for the Uruguayan’s departure.
“We are adults; I had been in Barcelona for six years. There were other ways of talking to me, telling me that the club wanted to change cycles. But the way was not good, and it also bothered Leo (Messi)”, he says.
Hard hit financially by the coronavirus pandemic, Barça also had to cut spending.
Luis Suarez joined Atletico Madrid during this transfer window for the sum of 6 million euros. Uruguayan Suarez left Barcelona as the second-all-time top scorer, having scored 198 goals since signing from Liverpool in 2014.
Suarez has won La Liga, four Copa del Rey, Champions League, Club World Cup, and European Super Cup titles during his immense success at Camp Nou.