Man United ended Man City’s winning streak at Etihad Stadium

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Manchester United decided the derby match against rivals City 2-0, at the Etihad Stadium, this evening, Sunday, in the climax of the 27th round of the English Premier League.

With that result, Manchester United raised its tally to 54 points to regain second place, while Man City‘s balance stuck at 65 at the top of the standings.

Manchester United started the game strongly, after receiving a penalty in the first minute after Martial was handicapped by Jesus.

Bruno Fernandez executed the kick successfully in the 2nd minute after he hit the right of Ederson, a ball that hit the hand of the Brazilian goalkeeper and hit the net.


Man United almost added the second goal in the 3rd minute, after Luke Shaw grabbed the ball from Cancello inside the penalty area, hitting a ground ball that was blocked by Ederson.

City appeared offensively for the first time in the 9th minute, with a shot from Gundogan from the edge of the penalty area, which Henderson caught.

Rashford hit a powerful ball from outside the penalty area in the 17th minute, Ederson saved it successfully.

Gundogan tried to surprise Henderson again with a shot from the edge of the penalty area in the 19th minute, which passed shortly to the post.

City and get a violation in the 42nd minute, which was executed by De Bruyne, hitting a powerful ball, which Henderson sent away to a corner kick, to end the first half with United leading with an unanswered goal.

City almost adjusted the score early in the second half, after Jesus paved the ball for Rodrigo inside the penalty area in the 48th minute, to hit a powerful ball that hit the post.

Man United managed to score the second goal in the 50th minute, with a quick attack launched by Luke Shaw with a distinct start from the left side, passing the ball to Rashford inside the penalty area, who returned it to him again to hit the ball that landed in Ederson’s net.

City tried to return to the score quickly, with a shot from Sterling from inside the penalty area in the 52nd minute, which Henderson caught.

Martial followed a cross from Bruno in the 58th minute, hitting a weak header that Ederson caught easily.

De Bruyne sent a cross from a corner kick in the 60th minute at the edge of the penalty area, followed by Mahrez with a direct shot on the bird that went wide.

Guardiola made the first switch for City in the 66th minute, by going down Walker instead of Cancelo.

Martial missed an opportunity to score in the 68th minute, completely alone with Ederson, striking a ball that the Brazilian goalkeeper brilliantly tackled.

Guardiola pushed his second card in the 71st minute, by landing Fodin at the expense of Jesus, and Solskjaer followed him by pushing Greenwood over Rashford because of the latter’s suffering from an ankle injury.

Walker sent a special cross ball to Jesus, who is free of supervision, inside the goalkeeper’s area in the 79th minute, but the ball escaped him strangely.

The Stones made a cross in the 83rd minute, hitting a header that went wide, and Gundogan followed him in the 87th minute, climbing a cross from a corner kick by De Bruyne, striking a header that went past the post.

Solskjaer pushed Matic at the expense of Martial in the 88th minute, and Williams followed him instead of Fernandez, to end the match after the Red Devils won 2-0.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.