Manchester City sweeps Liverpool and away in the top

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Manchester City deserved to reach the top of the Premier League table after defeating reigning champions Liverpool 1-4 in the competition’s 23rd round.

The first chance in the match’s true sense came in the 24th minute, when Liverpool back Trent Alexander Arnold made a remarkable effort on the right side, before raising a cross, and Senegalese star Sadio Manebr hit his head, but it passed over the goal.

Liverpool returned to threaten Manchester City in the 29th minute when Jordan Henderson sent a long ball towards Mohamed Salah in the penalty area, but the defense cut it to reach Brazilian Roberto Firmino, who shot it hard, but City goalkeeper Ederson sent it to a corner.

Manchester City player Phil Foden tried to launch with a counterattack and was almost alone in the goal, but Alexander Arnold preceded the ball before the referee awarded a penalty kick to City after Raheem Sterling was blocked inside the penalty area by Fabinho and German Ilikai Gundogan wasted it in the 37th minute.

After 4 minutes after the start of the second half, Manchester City advanced with a goal, when Sterling dribbled Alexander Arnold on the left, before passing to Phil Foden, who fired directly on the goal, to exclude Brazilian goalkeeper Alison Baker his attempt, but the ball returned to Gundogan who deposited it In the net.

Liverpool responded in the 58th minute, when Curtis Jones received the ball on the left side, evading Joao Cancelo, before hitting a creeping ball that passed past the far post.

Liverpool won a penalty after Robin Diaz inside the penalty area handicapped Salah, and the Egyptian international successfully implemented it in the 63rd minute.

The referee canceled a goal for Manchester City in the 71st minute after using video technology “VAR” due to John Stones’ infiltration.

Manchester City took advantage of Liverpool goalkeeper Alison’s confusion, so Foden got a dispersed ball from the goalkeeper before passing in front of the goal to Gundogan, who followed her and deposited it in the net in the 73rd minute.

Alison returned to commit a new mistake in the same way, gifting the ball to Bernardo Silva, who raised it in front of the goal to Sterling, who headed it into the empty net in the 76th minute.

Foden fired a bullet of mercy into Liverpool’s body in the 83rd minute, when he received the ball on the right, to dodge Robertson before hitting a rocket ball that goalkeeper Allison could not stop.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.