Maradona surgeon defends himself in a statement

The last photo of Maradona with his private doctor

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The late Argentine soccer legend, Diego Armando Maradona, responded to the opening of an investigation for unintentional murder that included a home raid, saying that he had done “everything to the point of impossible” to save an “uncontrollable” patient before his death last Wednesday at the age of 60.

On Sunday, the public prosecutor’s office in San Isidro, near Buenos Aires, opened an investigation into the circumstances of the death of the “golden boy,” so the police raided the office and home of Doctor Leopoldo Luque, looking for evidence of possible professional negligence.

Judicial sources indicated that the suspicion that Lucky, who had surgery for Maradona in early November for a brain tumor, does not automatically mean that the police or his freedom stops him is restricted.

“You want to know where is my responsibility?” Said Loki, 39, sighing at a press conference. In loving him, taking care of him, prolonging his life, and finally improving it.

Loki added that he did everything in his power to the point of impossible, “considering himself a” friend “of Maradona and treating him” as a parent, not as a patient. ”

A statement issued by the Public Prosecution indicated that it had begun analyzing collected materials, stating that “no decisions have been taken at present regarding the procedural situation of any person.”

On Friday, the Argentine judiciary opened an investigation Friday about the possibility of negligence in receiving the necessary care that led to the death of Maradona, after statements by his daughters, Dalma, Gianina, and Jana, about the method of treating the heart problems of the 1986 World Cup champion at his residence in Tigre, north of the Argentine capital.

The Italian Neapolitan star died at the end of the eighties of the last century, in his sleep due to “secondary acute pulmonary edema and exacerbation of chronic heart failure,” according to a preliminary autopsy.